Thursday, March 10, 2011

My boy Eric's Animation


I am now going to talk about Eric’s animation of his hero,  The TRASH COMPACTOR!!, and his villain, The Mogul. I am going to focus on this color and the hue choices he made because I thought that really made his hero and villain stand out more so then other animations that I have seen. I think his use of grey for a hero and his use of purple for a villain was very unique. Typically, at least from my colorblind point of view, I see a character lacking color is an example of more a villain type character, but his use of grey makes his hero seem more mysterious. The fact that he uses grey makes me think he doesn’t see good and bad as clear as black and white, to him it is more of a grey area, see what I did there. Typically you think of the character with the more powerful color to be the hero, but Eric decided to use the strong color, purple, to show his villain being power hungary and flashy. Now the purple, again from my colorblind eyes, seemed to be darker-less brightness-than other forms of purple which further expresses the fact that he is a bad guy to the audience. In the animation the Trash Compactor isn’t effected much by brightness, but the use of the lights in the drawing makes him to be much brighter then the city he lives in, as if he was the last glimmer of hope for the city to fight of guys like the Mogul. I wouldn’t say much was done with the saturation, but he uses the other two characteristic so well that by using saturation I feel like it might be too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment